Citizens Online Reporting Program
Welcome to the Newark Police Division Citizens Online Reporting Program. If this is an Emergency, call 911.
To make your complaint online, ALL of the following statements MUST BE TRUE:
- This is not an emergency.
- The incident occurred within the City of Newark, New Jersey limits.
- There are no known suspects.
- The incident did not occur on a State Highway.
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- INCIDENT DID NOT OCCUR WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF NEWARK-LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
If you answered “YES” to all Above statements, you are ready to file your Request for a complaint online.
- Step #1 Please register as a user or if you are already a user provide your username and password.
- Step #2 After signing in, complete all fields in the complaint Request form. Please provide as much detail as possible.
- Step #3 After completing your Request, please verify all information and click submit Request, you will then be provided with a copy of this Request. You will also receive an Online Reporting Number. (THIS IS NOT YOUR REPORT NUMBER).
Please be advised that this is only an initial request and that an official police report has not been created.
- Step #4 Once received by the Newark Police Division Telephone Reporting Unit (T.R.U) or Online Reporting Unit (O.R.U.) an Officer will contact you via the phone number provided by you in Section (B) Box #2 of the police report Request.
Once contacted by an Officer, the Officer will further continue the Request and will generate a Central Complaint number if it is found that your Request is valid. Once given a Central Complaint Number a Police Report has been generated and is now available for pickup within 3 business days at:
22 Franklin Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Your computer's iP Address will be recorded for security reasons
2C:28-4. False reports to law enforcement authorities
- Falsely incriminating another. A person who knowingly gives or causes to be given false information to any law enforcement officer with purpose to implicate another commits a crime of the fourth degree.
- Fictitious reports. A person commits a disorderly persons offense if he:
- Reports or causes to be reported to law enforcement authorities an offense or other incident within their concern knowing that it did not occur; or
- Pretends to furnish or causes to be furnished such authorities with information relating to an offense or incident when he knows he has no information relating to such offense or incident.
What kind of report can I file on-line?
|CRIMINAL MISCHIEF:||Purposefully causing damage to the property of another.|
|FRAUD:||Purposefully deceiving another as it relates to contracts, documents, or personal intentions for monetary gain or other personal benefit.|
|HARASSMENT:||Offensive communication or otherwise alarming contact with another for the purpose of causing them to be affronted or alarmed.|
|LOST PROPERTY:||Misplacement of personal property.|
|OBSCENE TELEPHONE CALLS:||Contacting a person while using offensively coarse or explicit language.|
|SIMPLE ASSAULT:||Causing bodily injury to another or attempting by physical menace to put another in fear of imminent serious bodily injury.|
|THEFT:||Unlawful taking or exercising unlawful control over property of another.|
|TERRORISTIC THREATS:||Threatening to commit any crime of violence against another person for the purpose of terrorizing another, or causing a public disturbance or evacuation of a building.|